Wednesday, April 13, 2016

What you see is not what you get

I finally found an asthma support group and I'm very excited about it.

Silent as a hidden foe
Asthma sneaks into control
Unknown not understood
What you see is not what you know

An incredibly lonely disease
With hidden symptoms you learn to cope
deflated cells fatigued muscles
bulged eyes adrenal strife

Calm gasps of air
lifetimes repeated song
flared nostrils strained
pulled coughs blare

Fish out of water
tossing clumsy reach
Figetting wobbly feet
But it's not what you think

Blinders cloud the eye
suffocation takes the wheel
but pain inside the vessel
has no strength to deal

Shaking muscles have no control
little air is left to flow
mental magnitude assures the breath
but it cannot steal the show

Health sees no cost
of oxygen over will
of lives confined within
and it never will

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Do you do any of the LUNG Force Association walks? My cousin has cystic fibrosis, another invisible disease! I think you should share this with the ALA for one of their publications.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No but I will definitely look into the walk.
    I will share it with ALA, thank you!

    ReplyDelete