Monday, February 22, 2016

Cheese

I love cheese. I also enjoy going out to eat with my best friend.  There are many restaurants in our area to choose from, so we often decide where to go based on our agenda.  Sometimes our agenda is based on the atmosphere according to our mood, food quality for taste, bar menu for drinks, or simply a fire place on a chilly evening.  The last time my friend asked me what I wanted to eat, my answer was, "cheese."  I wanted melted cheese and rolls.  I have this craving often when so when asked where I'd like to eat, it sometimes come down to who has the best cheese option.  One time Olive Garden's Fontina cheese appetizer was the deciding factor regarding where we ate that evening.  We laughed, shared, and "filled our cups" over wine, cheese, and rolls.  It was a memorable evening for two best friends.
This past weekend, I was once again asked, "where would you like to eat?"  It was a community question asked by the driver of the car.  No one had a request so I said, "I want cheese" because I did.  We were heading home from an Orlando Magic basketball game and our options were only among fast food restaurants.  It came down to Wendy's...ew!  While making a U-turn, I saw a WaWa convenient store and brought up a conversation about it.  I had never been in one but remember reading recent news about one being built near my home.  The driver mentioned that he heard WaWa had good food.  So we decided to check it out.  They had cheese!  Of course they had more than just cheese but they had cheese! And rolls!  I was very excited about my order of macaroni and cheese with a roll. As we ordered our food, a man was leaving the store with three food orders stacked in his arms.  I heard a sliding noise behind me and turned around just in time to see him drop a large order of macaroni and cheese on the floor! I felt so awful for him.  He simply shook his head and left the store.  I hope it wasn't for someone as happy as I was to be getting cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment